Monday, November 9, 2009

#5 - Eastside Lounge

After we successfully met every person who ever had contact with "The Ninster," we walked right up the street to Eastside Lounge, also referred to as ESL, but I feel like I need to go there more to be able to pull of the use of this acronym. On the way we past a sign advertising apple kisses. What is that? Seriously, what is it. Yeah, I don't know what it means either. But I want one. It's East Atlanta, you just go with it.

Here I bought my very first Pabst Blue Ribbon, or PBR (I'm defending the use of this acronym because every body's doing it. It feels right). The bartender was so gitty handing it off that you would think he just watched his baby girl ride a bike for the first time. He was delighted to humor me in thinking it was the very first PBR he had ever sold. Very much appreciated I might add.
You would never know what an amazing ambiance this bar had from the outside, but as you walk in you are overwhelmed with graffiti art, which as you know, I am a huge fan of these days.

You can't take a wrong turn in this place. One way you've got old school arcade games, the next you're upstairs grooving to DJ whats-his-name that happens to play an awesome mix of either old school rap, techno or newly released music that everyone gets on the dance floor for.

Anyone want to guess what else I found inside this new hot spot? Yup, a giant movie screen. They seem to be all over East Atlanta, and I LOVE IT. One of these days I'll recognize a movie they are playing, and I hope it's Harold & Maude. Bucket list worthy? HANDS DOWN.

No comments:

Post a Comment