Friday, April 23, 2010

#26 - Sweetwater 420 Festival

It didn't take long for my thirst for "festivaling" to come biting back....Sunday afternoon I headed to the Ninsters to carpool down to Candler Park for Sweetwater 420 Fest.



I purposefully made the trip on Sunday in an attempt to avoid a packed out festival days prior. To be honest, I wanted room to shake my groove thang. Fact. But seeing as we had another beautimous day and there are no alcohol sales on Sunday in the great state of Georgia, Candler Park clearly had a different agenda for me! The park was packed to the max with vendors, food and local musical artists the entire day. Surprsingly I was not bothered by the crowd at all, despite my original mindset.

 




We found street parking pretty easily, but I recommend taking MARTA to avoid the stress of remembering which street you parked on, and if you're going to get towed on a Sunday (that would make for an interesting work debut Monday morning...boo).

While the festival is advertised as FREE, you must pay $5 for a wristband if you're planning to drinkity drink. I willingly paid the $5 and thanks to our 99X buds, the Ninster and I got VIP wristbands that helped us avoid the $5 Sweetwater's and $6 corn dogs. Thanks boys!

I guess they were a bit reluctant at first...but we wore them down


For life

After meeting up with our OTP friends, we made our way through the maze of vendors. I realized after about ten minutes of walking that I was not prepared for the hottest day of the weekend. Note to self: long flowy tan dress + 80 degree weather = potential swet stains allllllllll over. Thank goodness for Loose Loosies's tent where I could find a cute new dress to sneaky snake into.  Vendor and friend photoshoot for your viewing pleasure....









New dress - soooo comfie

What a fantastic Sunday Funday we ended up having at Candler Park. Totally worth fighting through the crowd every once in a while for a beer or to pee pee for coco puffs. While I had a blast, I will admit it was second to Dogwood Festival. 420fest is more about the beer and food than the vendors, and that's one my favorite parts of the festivals. Their music blew Dogwood's out of the water, but I was still craving about 20 more tents full of local artists and maybe a new pair of earings for that perfect night out. All and all, this festival rocked and quenched my desire for a springtime Sunday Funday. I will leave you with the picture below....

Oh, and Bucket list worthy?  You betcha! Onto the next....

No comments:

Post a Comment