Tuesday, May 11, 2010

#28 - Atlanta Braves Game

Last weekend came and went with no bucket list worthy events...sorry guys, my wallet needed a break. The weekend prior was "Amy is ATL Bound" weekend and we lived it up with all her ATL favs...most of which have been checked off the list already.....all but one of course!  The dreary weather provided a not-so-gorg hair day, but MARTA didn't mind at all. I scooped up Seany and headed to the blue lot for the Atlanta Braves Game vs. Houston Astros! 


Side note, did anyone else notice that the MARTA prices went up? Um, it's $4.50 for a roundtrip. GASP. Depending on where you're living at the moment, it may not be cheaper than the drive down to Turner Field...even if gas is close to $3.00 these days. It still beats the heck out of being stuck in traffic and finding a parking spot...says me, the person who has an hour commute to work every morning. Again...GASP.

Ok, back on track. There is nothing I like better than a group email with 19 "reply all" responses with subject: BRAVES GAME SATURDAY - BE THERE! I had yet to be to a game this season, and despite their losing streak, I needed my boys to feel the love from this ATL gal. Only a few MARTA stations later I was steps away from our amazing tailgate spot with Amy and company waiting for our arrival, beer in hand.



If you're going with a group, get one person to purchase the $10 parking ticket and split the cost if need be. Also, always get the cheapest tickets, then hang out at the chop house if you're looking for more of a social gathering than watching the score board.





I was with some big Bravos fans, so we headed up to our seats up in the sky....well, pretty much....





We didn't care. The breeze was amazing and despite my semi-panic attack due to my fear of heights, it was a spectacular event. We sipped on tall boys, ate hot dogs, tomahawked and cheered with the best of em!










before

after...poor thing never even saw it comin'


I'd like to think my appearance played a part in them finally winning a game (10-1, I believe), putting an end to their nine game losing streak, but I suppose I could be more humble than that....don't get used to it.





All in all, it doesn't matter if you're an Atlanta native, newbie or just passing through on business....you should be making an appearance and supporting the big boys aka Atlanta Braves. If nothing else you get to see the fancy cars they drive and do some major manscouting....wowie wow wow, call me.




 Bucket list worthy? Um, anything with Tim Hudson involved is worthy of my presence...and this bucket list. Sooooo yuppers! Onto the next...

No comments:

Post a Comment